IMG 8454

IMG 9654

IMG 9651 1

What Level of Ski or Snowboard Am I?

Our private lessons mean that what ever level you are, we can build a lesson for you, tailoring it to your exact needs. When you are booking  a lesson it can help us to plan more effectively if you can identify your level using the guidance below.

Level 1

Skiing    

This is my first time. I have never put skis on before either on snow or on a dry slope. I might have tried before but had no formal lessons.

Snowboarding

This is my first time. I might have tried before but had no formal lessons.

Level 2

Skiing 

I have tried skiing before, on snow or on a dry slope. I understand what a "snowplough" is and  have started to snowplough turn on the nursery  or green slopes. 

Snowboarding

I can side slip in control on both my heel and toe edge. I can slow down and speed up and change direction whilst doing this.

Level 3

Skiing

I can make a series of linked snowplough turns on a green or blue run. I start my turn in a plough then finish the turn with my skis becoming more parallel.

Snowboarding

I can turn heelside to toeside and toeside to heelside on easy terrain such as a green run, snowdome, or dryslope. I can use the button lift. 

Level 4

Skiing 

I am comfortable skiing on blue runs, my skis are becoming more parallel but still use a small plough to start my turns. When things get tricky I may revert back to snowploughing and I feel less confident. I want to perfect my pole plant.

Snowboarding

I can ride and turn on blue runs. On green runs I can link my turns and carry my speed from one turn to the next.

Level 5

Skiing

I am a competent parallel skier and can ski red runs in good conditions with a well cordinated pole plant. I want to learn how to adapt or broaden my technique when things get tricky ie on bumpy or steep slopes or when the snow is icy or deep. 

Snowboarding

I am happy riding on red runs. I can ride fast on easy slopes. I can make basic switch turns on easy slopes.

Level 6

Skiing

I am an advanced parallel skier that can ski the whole mountain but my technique suffers when things get tricky ie on steeps and bumps

Snowboarding

I can ride on all levels of run, picking my own line. On easier runs I can grip and carve. I want to learn more freestyle techniques

Want to stay informed? Then follow Fresh Tracks on ...

Glenshee Weather

9°C

Wind: SW at 26 mph
Saturday

7°C/11°C
KWeather is powered by Kaleidoscoop

Freshtracks on Facebook  Follow Freshtracks on Twitter  Instagram Icon Large  Freshtracks on Google +  Freshtracks Blog on Wordpress

Ski Hire Glenshee, Snowboard Hire Glenshee, Ski School Glenshee, Sking in Scotland, Ski Holidays in Scotland, Scottish Ski Instruction, Ski Schools Scotland, Ski Hire Scotland, Glenshee Snow report, Glenshee A93, Road Condtions, Snow conditions, Glenshee Snow Conditions Scotland,

Salomon
boardwise