Terms & Conditions 2015/2016
- All bookings are made with Freshtracks Glenshee Ski School and Hire are not deemed to be a contract until payment is made.
- The contract will be subject to these booking conditions which are governed by Scottish Law.
- If a booking is made by telephone or internet then it is understood that the customer has read and accepts these booking conditions, which are clearly displayed on the website and at our Ski School Office and Hire Shop.
- Freshtracks Glenshee reserves the right to change prices as necessary.
Cancellation by Freshtracks Glenshee
- We reserve the right to cancel or modify the product being offered and if in advance, will offer either a full refund or transfer to another product or day.
- If a lesson is more than half completed when it becomes necessary to stop then no refund will be payable.
- Freshtracks Glenshee will not be liable for any loss, damage or expense resulting from unforeseen circumstances out with the control of Freshtracks Glenshee.
- Multi day refunds. If a refund is due it will be based on the difference between what was paid for and what has been received, for example if only 1 day of a 2 day hire is received then the refund is the difference between a 1 day hire and a 2 day hire.
- Happy Feet, Rockhopper, Rockets, #FRESHIES and Buddy Club Classes: these courses run over a 4 week block. A full refund will be given if we cancel any of these. If the courses cannot be completed by the end of the season and/or unforseen weather conditions, we reserve the right to charge an admin fee of £10 to send on refunds, booklets etc.
Cancellation by you
- If the customer needs to cancel then Freshtracks Glenshee should be informed immediately.
- A full refund will be given if cancellation is made within 48 hours of the booked individual hire or lesson.
- Happy Feet, Rock Hopper, Rockets, #FRESHIES and Buddy Club Classes: these courses run over a 4 week block. A full refund will be given if cancellation is made within 4 weeks of the course commencing. After this time we will endeavour to fill the space. If the space is filled we will offer a refund less an admin fee of £10.
- Happy Feet, Rock Hopper, Rockets, #FRESHIES and Buddy Club Classes: we cannot offer a refund for individual weeks that children cannot attend.
Freshtracks Glenshee primarily offers Private Instruction. This is usually on a “one to one” or we will accommodate groups of friends/family into a class situation up to the total of 5 persons. Ideally this “group” should be at the same skill level, if the customer specifically wishes to ski or snowboard with those in their group at different levels then Freshtracks Glenshee will try to accommodate that request, however, the selected group for all parties will be at the slower pace.
Safety is our main concern for your children. A Child Protection Policy is in place. Children will not be allowed to participate if not properly prepared for the sessions and mountain environment. Age restrictions are in place for safety reasons. If we receive incorrect information about a child’s age, we would have to remove them from the class with no refund. Parents are responsible for dropping off and collecting their children at the start and end of each lesson.
Happy Feet, Rock Hopper, Rockets, #FRESHIES and Buddy Club Classes: we require a minimum of 6 clients to allow these courses to run for the specified duration. If there are fewer than 6 children booked for a class we reserve the right to offer a class at an alternative time or a shorter lesson duration or a full refund.
We require a minimum of 5 clients to allow these courses to run for the specified duration.
If less than the minimum persons are booked we will upgrade to private lessons for a percentage of the duration of the reserved course.
- Whilst Freshtracks Glenshee takes all reasonable precautions to prevent accidents or injury, the customer acknowledges that these activities participated in carry a risk of accident and injury. Customers should ensure they are capable of taking part in a day’s physical activity.
- It is the responsibility of customers to inform Freshtracks Glenshee of any medical conditions or medication being taken that may affect their performance.
- Freshtracks Glenshee reserves the right to ask a customer to leave a lesson if their continued participation jeopardises the safety of others.
- Freshtracks Glenshee reserves the right to ask a customer to leave a lesson if it is suspected they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- It is the responsibility of customers to wear appropriate clothing for the lesson. Freshtracks Glenshee reserves the right to refuse to teach any customer who is not suitably dressed. We recommend the use of helmets for all.
- In the interests of safety customers must abide by the decisions of our instructors.
- Freshtracks Glenshee is not liable for any loss, injury, accident or damage that may arise through the normal participation in activities. It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure they are adequately insured for the activities participated in.
Use of Materials and Information
Freshtracks Glenshee reserves the right to use any photograph or video taken, without obtaining further consent from a customer, for use exclusively in advertising or marketing materials of Freshtracks Glenshee.
If a customer is dissatisfied with any aspect of the service delivered by Freshtracks Glenshee, this should be made known as soon as possible to one of the Partners, Mrs J A Bryden or Mr A J McClement, or if not available the Ski School Reception Manager or Shop Manager so that all efforts can be made to resolve the problem immediately.