Glenshee or Gleann Shith, (Gaelic for Glen of the Fairies), flanks the highest public road in Scotland which runs through the Cairnwell pass, formerly one of the main historic drove routes from the Highlands to the Lowlands.
Glenshee Ski Centre is the largest Ski Centre in the UK and offers the most extensive skiing and snowboarding facilities, with 21 lifts and tows running over 4 mountains and 3 valleys. The area is well serviced by 2 mountain cafes and one café situated at Car park level.
- Size of Area: 2,000acres (790 hectares)
- Base Elevation: 2,132ft (650m)
- Pisted Runs: 40km
- Uplift Capacity: 15,460 per hour
- Opening Hours: 0830-1700 (7 days a week)
- Vertical Descent: 1,500ft (457m)
- Summit Elevation: 3,504ft (1068m)
- Longest Run: Glas Maol - 2km (1.25m)
- Snowmaking: 20,000m
- Season: December - April (snow dependant)
- 21 Lifts - 2 Chairlifts, 16 Pomas and 3 T-Bars
- 36 Runs - 8 Green (22%) 13 Blue (36%), 13 Red (36%) and 2 Black (6%)